Let’s say you’ve got a large commercial area. It carries high foot traffic, and needs protection over time. What can you do to maximize its lifespan? One of the most cost-efficient and beneficial options is epoxy commercial flooring.
The Basics of Epoxy Flooring
Epoxy is a compound substance derived from resins and various hardeners, mixed together to make each component stronger. The end result is a product that looks and functions like plastic, but highly durable and strong. It’s used as a protective covering, but also as a binding agent.
There are a number of benefits to including an epoxy protectant to commercial floors:
- Durability. Its greatest benefit is its sheer durability, making it capable of resisting everything from high-impact shocks (like a dropped piece of heavy equipment) to gradual wear and tear (such as from foot traffic over time). If you choose a high-quality provider, it can last indefinitely.
- Maintenance. Some waterproofing and protective solutions require ongoing maintenance, but not epoxy commercial flooring. It also makes regular requirements, like cleaning, easier and more efficient. Because it won’t absorb any moisture, spills and stains are far easier to clean up.
- Safety. Epoxy is naturally slip-resistant, making it ideal for businesses where slippage is a major safety hazard. Because it will almost never dent or crack from impact, there are also fewer opportunities for hazards to develop.
- Elemental resistance. Unlike some protectants, epoxy is capable of resisting temperature extremes. Hot and cold temperature fluctuations will not interfere with its performance or durability in any way.
- Waterproofing. Finally, epoxy coatings are waterproof, keeping your floors from deteriorating from water or liquid damage.
Because of its long-term durability, resistance to wear, and overall cost-effectiveness, epoxy commercial flooring is ideal for high-traffic commercial areas. If you’re looking for a protective solution for your business, contact us or find a representative in your area for a custom quote today!